I accidentally ripped the rear of my RV apart when I got it caught on a gate entering my indoor storage facility.The accident revealed a lot of mold in the inner wall of the camper.

The insulation had obviously been wet. The camper has not been used a lot and is stored inside. Heartland failed to properly seal the rear panel or something to allow water to enter the camper.

The Heartland is a product I would not buy again.I hope they will help me with the cost of removing the mold from my new camper which I was the original buyer.

This reviewer shared experience about damaged or defective and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $7000. The author is overall dissatisfied with Heartland Rvs. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Heartland Rvs.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Dealers category for more informed decision or compare Heartland Rvs to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Heartland Rvs?

Comments

HEARTLAND WILL NOT HELP YOU!KNOW FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE!!

YOU BOUGHT IT, IT's YOURS!! I OWN A 2013 HEARTLAND 37 ULTIMATE AND AM STUCK WITH IT!! MANY PROBLEMS!!!

NEVER ANOTHER HEARTLAND PRODUCT!I WOULD HAVE TO PAY SOMEONE TO SELL IT!!!!

We had mold smell issues with our 2009 north trail by heartland but could not find anywhere it was leaking then last summer when getting camper ready for the season noted that wallpaper inside one of the closets on side of bed appeared to be sagging when I touched the wallpaper it felt wet!I wiped area and pulled wallpaper off with just wiping area.

Was able to see that paneling behind wallpaper was dark and damp. We pulled down the cabinets above the bed taking out both closet areas and then removed panelling and found black wet moldy insulation. On removing that found that there was black mold on wall of camper under the insulation and found where leak was. Observed that upper rear taillight had no caulking on it at all it appears that this was not caulked from the manufacturer--Heartland--but don't expect heartland to accept responsibility for this.

We repaired ourselves. Cleaned the outer skin with mold killer and then applied flex seal. Used foam insulation in whole area between metal frames. We then went to Menards and purchased a couple of sheets of plywood paneling with a surface that matched paneling in camper and applied this lengthwise.

You need to use plywood paneling not masonite paneling, because masonite will not bend easily if going on a curved wall like we had behind our bed. After this was all secured used the sticky plastic taping that they sale that matches the paneling to hide the seams and then rehung the cabinets and closets...

Will never own a heartland brand ever again.My advice, always check who is the manufacturer of any camper that you are considering and if it is Heartland, run like *** away from that camper or you will be sorry.