My wife and I spent the better part of 2 years looking for the right 5th wheel.We found it in the 34 TSRE.
We took our trailer on a trip to Montana where it had been raining. When we got to our destination we found that water had entered the trailer from the under spray off the road. Heartland said that it was not their problem even though it was under warranty still. Stated that they would fix the trailer if we filed an insurance claim.
Really????? The wiper seal under the kitchen seal was torn and was needing replaced. Found on second trip to dealership. Covered it under warranty.
The next was a burned out converter that ruined the microwave. $900 to fix both and was assured by the dealer that it was fixed. Took it out of storage and found that the electrical was still happening. Took it to another dealer and they told me the electric fireplace was the problem.
Stayed the night and turned the fire place off at the breaker and still having problems. Dealer stated that the power issue was the pedestal at campsite. Hooked it up to their pedestal and had the same issues. 180 volts on one side and 40 volts on the other.
Technician had no clue. Stated that they would need to tear into the trailer to find the problem. Again file a claim with the insurance company and we will fix the problem. Took the trailer home and decided to trouble shoot the problem myself.
Hooked to shore power and checked power all the way to the trailer. All good. Hooked into the trailer and had bad power to the breaker box. Decided to start at the next connection which was the 50 amp plug at the back of the trailer.
Removed the screws and found that Heartland had broke the plug receptacle when installing it. No wires were tight and whoever did it just put electrical tape over the screws since they were loose and some were stripped. Paid $67.00 for the part and fixed the shoddy workmanship and have not had any issues. Of course it was not under warranty and Heartland or dealer would not reimburse the $67.00.
Heartland is a subsidiary of Thor Industries. I would recommend that if you purchase any products from Thor, have an experienced person inspect the trailer before you sign on the dotted line. Once they have your money, they do not care about the poor quality of work that is done.
I realize that this is an RV and things will break as it is used, but we have only used it 10 times since 2013 and we have all these problems.Thank god I have some abilities to repair it.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poor accountability for product
You May Also Like
- "I bought a a 2012 road warrior 3950. ($80,000) the rubber around all 3 of my slides has turned into gewy rubber to the point they are now..."
- "This is just one example of Forest River Salem Cruise Lite issues.. Now, its important to understand the Forest River offers the idea of camping to folks that would not..."
- "I purchased a Thor Hurracaine 2016 in August 2015. So much is wrong with it .The furnace still does not work right. The bedroom closets are leaking, but would..."
- "My husband and I purchased 8 large appliances from Sears in August 2016. We were moving and remodeling a home. We finally had our appliances put in in February 2016...."
- "I have had so many people ask me what this sign on my vehicle means, that I am tired of explaining it, so will posting this for a while every..."
- "I signed up my company FASTAXI with Cartvertising in Sept 2014 for 20% of the back facing ads and 100% of the front facing on 400 carts. I made..."
- " I stayed at the red roof Inn in Mohave California I thought I was in the ghetto in south-central LA very disturbed by the clientele that was there everyone..."
- "I CAN NOT MAKE THESE PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT WHAT I RECEIVED WAS NOT WHAT I ORDERED. THEY JUST KEEP TELLING ME THAT ACCORDING TO THE RECEIPT THAT MY ORDER WAS..."
- "Do not purchase anything from buysquad!!!! They're very unprofessional and not on point. I purchased a 70 inch flatscreen from them and paid for the express delivery which should've had..."