Heartland Rvs Rv Review from Rock Springs, Wyoming

26 of 170 Heartland Rvs reviews

My wife and I spent the better part of 2 years looking for the right 5th wheel.We found it in the 34 TSRE.

We took our trailer on a trip to Montana where it had been raining. When we got to our destination we found that water had entered the trailer from the under spray off the road. Heartland said that it was not their problem even though it was under warranty still. Stated that they would fix the trailer if we filed an insurance claim.

Really????? The wiper seal under the kitchen seal was torn and was needing replaced. Found on second trip to dealership. Covered it under warranty.

The next was a burned out converter that ruined the microwave. $900 to fix both and was assured by the dealer that it was fixed. Took it out of storage and found that the electrical was still happening. Took it to another dealer and they told me the electric fireplace was the problem.

Stayed the night and turned the fire place off at the breaker and still having problems. Dealer stated that the power issue was the pedestal at campsite. Hooked it up to their pedestal and had the same issues. 180 volts on one side and 40 volts on the other.

Technician had no clue. Stated that they would need to tear into the trailer to find the problem. Again file a claim with the insurance company and we will fix the problem. Took the trailer home and decided to trouble shoot the problem myself.

Hooked to shore power and checked power all the way to the trailer. All good. Hooked into the trailer and had bad power to the breaker box. Decided to start at the next connection which was the 50 amp plug at the back of the trailer.

Removed the screws and found that Heartland had broke the plug receptacle when installing it. No wires were tight and whoever did it just put electrical tape over the screws since they were loose and some were stripped. Paid $67.00 for the part and fixed the shoddy workmanship and have not had any issues. Of course it was not under warranty and Heartland or dealer would not reimburse the $67.00.

Heartland is a subsidiary of Thor Industries. I would recommend that if you purchase any products from Thor, have an experienced person inspect the trailer before you sign on the dotted line. Once they have your money, they do not care about the poor quality of work that is done.

I realize that this is an RV and things will break as it is used, but we have only used it 10 times since 2013 and we have all these problems.Thank god I have some abilities to repair it.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Elkridge 34Tsre
Review category
Dealers
review #887595 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Heartland Rvs? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 2 No 2
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
26 of 170 Heartland Rvs reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Heartland Rvs. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Heartland Rvs.
Filing a new complaint about
×