Heartland Rvs - 2015 Heartland Prowler lynx 25lx - aluminum siding separating from frame
First real trip out, half way through the trip in the middle of nowhere South Dakota on vacation.(stopped for gas) and noticed at the top driver's side of the front of the travel trailer, the siding had separated from the trailer, which caused a natural wind tunnel and damage to the siding the whole length of the travel trailer.
picked up my new pride and joy last day of March 2015. Damage occurred the week of the 15th of June. Drove 150 miles (under 45 MPH to prevent further damage, as pictured attempted roadside repair with Duct tape) to the Camping World in Somerset, SD. Took 2 days to get warranty approval from Heartland to have Camping World temporarily repair, so we could finish our vacation and return home to Lancaster, PA.
Now working with Camping World to do permanent repairs to siding on trailer. I have had to cancel 2 weekend outings so far and I don't know how long it will take for the repair yet (right in the heart of the camping season). I bought new, so I wouldn't have problems.
I have discovered several other minor defects with the trailer, such as, rain gutter not sealed properly, screws missing throughout the trailer, I will fix certain problems on my own, replace missing screws etc.But really didn't expect such poor quality.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Overall quality
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 2015 Heartland Rv Prowler Lynx 25Lx
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Wow...I really don't know where to begin with the nightmare that you both have put us through, so I'll start at the beginning. January 10, 2014 we ordered a 2014 Forest..."
- "This is just one example of Forest River Salem Cruise Lite issues.. Now, its important to understand the Forest River offers the idea of camping to folks that would not..."
- " Heartland is JUNK! Stay away!!! Customer service is not great by any means not sure who told you that but it's not true. We have a 3650BHS after one year..."
- "I was just at your Lehighton store at 6:35. It is cold and I have children at home and no heat I was there to get a propane tank filled,..."
- "Omg! Found a patch of mold and some larva looking creature sprouting out of this cheese dip!!..."
- "Read reviews and do not bother ordering from this pitiful excuse for a company. I just paid $100 for something i could have picked up in a grocery store for..."
- "This is the work of Appliances done right! They said they provided a 90 day warranty, but they will not come out and fix the issues I'm having. ..."
- "Stay far away from this low life company as possible. They delivered our entire belongings to a two small storage facility and never called us or notified us they were..."
- "I CAN NOT MAKE THESE PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT WHAT I RECEIVED WAS NOT WHAT I ORDERED. THEY JUST KEEP TELLING ME THAT ACCORDING TO THE RECEIPT THAT MY ORDER WAS..."